Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Green Monster is coming....


Last year I added the Taka (the Airborne downhill bike) to the quiver and won my first ever downhill race. This winter the Airborne Wingman DJ bike joined the flock and I am having an amazing experience riding it at Ray's here in Milwaukee. This spring will bring another first. Airborne is sending me the new Goblin which will be my first 29er.

I have a lot of friends who have drank or are about to drink the 29er Kool Aide. I am still skeptical that I will like the bigger wheels more than my 26 inch wheels. I will be racing the green beast at Sea Otter this year as well as at least a couple local races so stay tuned as I make the transition.

So the question is what wheels size is your primary steed? And what made you decide to go that direction? Was it the marketing hype, your riding style, peer pressure? Sound off!!!

I also want to thank all the video naming participants again and let everyone know that "Inside Out" will be making it web debut on the newly designed Airborne Bicycles website this Tuesday (3/22). It will then see it's big screen premier on 5/4/11 at the Times Theater in Milwaukee at 7:00pm along with a screening of "Ride the Divide." So if you are in the Milwaukee area on that date it would be great to see you at the premier!

No comments:

Post a Comment