Friday, April 23, 2010

I think I actually hurt myself

For those of you who saw the video of my crash posted on my facebook page, you know that I jumped right up after the fall. I was fine for two days after that, but today....Wow!!! My ribs are so sore. They feel like they are bruised; just achy with some sharper pains when I move a certain ways. Aleve had really helped. I'm sure I'll be fine.

Besides that, I finished building up my race bike today. It just needs a few adjustments here and there. I'm really happy with how it turned out. I posted pictures on my facebook page for your viewing pleasure.

I'm getting really excited to ride the Airborne Taka. I've been researching all the places to downhill in the midwest. So far I've found 2. One at Nordic Mountain, WI and one in Redwing, MN. Both places have races that I would really like to compete in once I get my Taka from Airborne. If anyone knows of any other options, I'd really be interested in hearing them.

That's it for now.

4 comments:

  1. Redwing, MN? Is that at Memorial Park? I've been there, but it's been a few years. I've checked out the freeride trail, and when I was there it was looking pretty sick, but I was still a work in progress. I think there's a pretty active group of people building over there. You'll definitely have to check that out!

    Definitely not liftserved though.

    Unless you're not even talking about Memorial park, haha

    -Greg

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS sorry to hear you hurt yourself. I guess I should have started with that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walk it off Marty!......Just kidding. hope you get better soon you will need all those muscles to throw that bike around. wait till you get home from a long DH ride. you don't know how sore a bike can make you till you give DH a shot! wear thick gloves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greg,

    Yeah, I was talking about Memorial Park. I was there a couple years ago on my xc rig. While I was there I ran into some guys working on the DH course. I'd really like to get over there again. I just got word that CORP is working on a downhill section at Blue Mound and I hear there is some gravity riding to be had in the UP also. So at this point all I'm missing is a DH bike :)

    Dan,

    Thanks for the tip. I'll use my thickest gloves on her maiden voyage.

    ReplyDelete